This post may contain affiliate links which means when you click on a link and then purchase any item on that site, there is no additional cost to you but I receive a small commission. Thank you for your support.
Deep Breathing goes a long way in reducing our stress levels and changing our attitude for the better!! 🙂
- Sit, stand, or lay in a comfortable position while maintaining good posture.
- Place your hands on your belly just below your belly button.
- Inhale into your belly feeling the skin stretch until full.
- Hold for a second or two, whatever feels best for you.
- As you exhale, relax your shoulders and feel your belly pull inwards.
- Repeat! Repeat! Repeat often!!
Deep breathing when you wake up will prepare you for the day ahead. Repeat this technique as often as you can throughout your day to lower your stress level and boost your positive energy. Now who doesn’t need that?
I find even a few minutes dedicated to taking a couple full belly breathes provides me with a short reprieve from the hectic schedule or irksome situation, thus enabling me to manage whatever comes my way in a more positive, and effective manner. Deep breathing is beneficial for our mind and body.
This technique works like magic for me.
What you and I can do, is choose how we deal with what comes our way.
Take a short walk around your house, office or neighbourhood.
- Even a short period of walking will provide a much needed break from a stressful day at the office or at home.
- If you are not able to head outside then try some stairs.
- Get up for a mini walk break, instead of coffee breaks.
- Use the lunchroom or washroom farthest away from your desk.
- Working from home with kids, you got this, bundle up those munchkins and head outside for a walk around the neighbourhood.
When I was a stay at home mom with little children there was nothing better than getting out for some much needed fresh air and exercise! My girls are grown and I wait excitedly to the day I take my grandchildren for that walk around the block. Dreaming of the day now actually…..
A wee walk provides a reprieve from your usual stance (whether you sit or stand at work or home) – your body will thank you! Walk breaks adds a few more steps to the pedometer too, keep counting and gradually the benefits will surprise you. The break and exercise will mean an increase in your activity and positive energy flow making you more productive for the rest of your day!
Listen to Music. Really listen. Or just rock out and play!
- Take the time to listen to the lyrics, really hear it.
- How does the music make you feel, what instruments can you hear?
- Enjoy the beat. Play the drums on your table or desk.
- Sway, dance or go crazy and jump to the music.
- Listen to music when you do daily chores.
Whether you prefer country, pop, rock and roll or any of the oodles of music genres we are blessed to hear take time to relax, hum, sing or bop to your favourite tunes.
Music is an an outlet for pent up energy to be released, it’s a natural anti-depressant and an excellent way to connect to our creative synergy.
These three stress busters are good for your soul!
Leave a comment if any of these stress busters resonate with you. Or email me with your top stress buster. Love connecting with you always.
Much thanks in advance if you love this post and share with your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest friends.